1. Be root user to perform this activity .
2. Change your current directory to the /etc/sysconfig/network directory with the command:
3. Check for existing network adapters with the command :
and look for a file named similar to ifcfg-eth-id-00:50:56:b8:7d:64 The colon-delimited letters & digits at the end are MAC address of network adapter.
4. To create the new interface, you will edit ifcfg-eth-id-00:50:56:b8:7d:64. The file should contain lines similar to:
5. To add additional IP address on this machine ,you need to append a new configuration block using the same label. Add a new block and name it BB and same way you can create multiple blogs for adding multiple IP addresses ............
6. After adding new address, save the file and restart network services to activate the new IP address.